Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!!!

Hi all!
First off, I'm so happy to see so many followers!  I really appreciate everyone's interest in my blog and I hope to continue creating for you to enjoy.  Hopefully, I'll inspire some of you to make your own creations to share.  I love all of your comments and appreciate the feedback - without it, I wouldn't continue to post my work.

I need a birthday card for my mom and thought I would try out this digi stamp I got free at Sliekje digi Stamps.  She's an amazing artist and shares all of her work for free.  If you decide to use any of her images please leave her a little blog love as it's truly amazing that she shares all of her images.  I used my G for this project (of course, I love that thing - anyone thinking about getting one, but not so sure they'll like it - trust me YOU'LL LOVE IT).  I only used Wild Card cart for this project.  I used all frames - Welded the two ovals together for the card.  I also used a few other oval images from the frame section - including a frame that I put around my mouse image.  I really wanted the frame to pop and not the frame and mouse, but because I printed this out on my printer - I couldn't really get my cricut to cut the mouse out too...really need nesties for this, right?  I've never used them, but I here other creative ladies talk about them a lot.  Anyhow, I colored the mouse using the prizma/baby oil technique.  I then used my Zig pen and some fine glitter to shimmer up the cake.  I cut out little strawberries from the strawberry paper and added some to the image too.  Finally, I took the yellow Stickles to the candle flames and added a few blingy rhinestones.  Not too sure if this passes for my mom's birthday (of course I want a card for her to be perfect - lol), but if not, it will go in my stash!
I'm also submitting this to Cute Card Thursday for a challenge. 
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. How cute. I love it and your coloring is awesome. OMG...free digi stamps..running over to her site now, TFS. Hope you have a great day:)

    Stephanie

    http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is just adorable! Great choice of colors (I always have a hard time with that)! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card Melissa, love the sparkle and bling and how you scattered the strawberries around. And Thank You so much for the link to the Digi stamps, they are so cute and I will definetly have to try a couple of them. Thanks!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is an adorable card, Melissa. You do really great things with your paper, designs and cards.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete