Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Love

I made this card for the BBTB2 Challenge.  The rules were simple: use your cricut, use a stamp and think summer.  I downloaded this free stamp from Sliekje digi Stamps.  Isn't he just the cutest?  I fell in love with him and couldn't believe they were giving him away.  Anyhow, my first thought was a summer garden filled with wild flowers and grass.  He was colored using the magic colored pencil technique.  All patterned paper is basic grey.  The card itself is a 4 1/16" x 9 5/16".    Cartridges used:  Walk in My Garden, Hannah Montana, Gypsy Wanderings, Give A Hoot, and Paper Doll Dress Up.  I simply streched the layers of grass in my Gypsy and layered them.  Outer grass layer is popped with pop dots.  The butterflys were layered twice with the shadow in two different shades and only the body was attached to the shadows.  I then bent the wings upward.  Inked edges were done with Stampin' Ups Chocolate Chip.  I love how this turned out!!!
Enjoy - and please leave comments!  Also, if you are enjoying my blog please follow!
HUGS

13 comments:

  1. This wonderful little summer scene is just darling. I love everything on the card. Thanks for playing along with our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at bbtb2...this is beautiful
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is adorable! What a lovely little scene and thanks for joining us at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card it is so sweet. Lot's of detail. Great job...Good luck in challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how you put this adorable scene together from so many cartridges then added a digital stamp. Thanks so much for putting this wonderful card into the challenge contest at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally magical card, Melissa! the stamp is adorable and the cuts you chose brought him to life! Good luck on the contest and thanks for participating at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the details and the colors. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice job on your card. Good luck with the contest and thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, how super cute and sweet. I just love it;) I am now a follower. Congrats on winning the challenge!

    Hugs, Stephanie

    http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, I just wanted to congratulate you on your win. It was well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa,

    Can you please contact me? You won the contest at BBTB2. bucketomonkeys@comcas.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    congrats with winning :-) You made a lovely card with this image! Glad to hear you like this little boy so much.
    greetings Sliekje and cats

    ReplyDelete