Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cool Yummy Treat - Challenge #18 at Fantabulous Cricut

This card looks so cute in real life and I have to be honest - it's not photographing well.  The glass part of the milkshake is cut from acetate.  I think that's part of my problem because it's a bit shiny.  On my Gypsy I welded a large oval from the cartridge From My Kitchen to the shadow milkshake from the same cart.  I also cut a smaller oval.  I cut the milkshake shadow twice in addition to the actual card cut.  I cut the milkshake twice as well, once out of acetate and once out of white cardstock.  I cut the cherry out of red.  I took the acetate piece and cut off the top so I could use just the glass part.  First, I ran it through the cuttlebug with the dots folder from Sizzix.  I grabbed my handy dandy dremel tool and roughed up the outside edges of the acetate ever so slightly.  I then grabbed some acrylic green and white paint and mixed them to get that perfect old coke bottle green color.  I brushed a light coat of paint on the back side of the acetate heavy around the edges and very lightly in the middle.  I then took a napkin and dabbed the center.  I wanted the white to show through a bit.  This made it look like an acutal glass for a sundae or milkshake.  Finally I layered my milkshake top with my Vintage Shabby paper from Tim Holtz.  I stickled the cherry stem and leaf with green stickles and used my glossy accents to cover the entire cherry.  I drew two red lines on my white straw (which I think was supposed to be a spoon) and then glossy accented that as well!  I added some little jewels to make sprinkles and a few more to the outside.  Finally, I found a little sticker from Creative Imaginations that said YUM!  Which sums up this cool YUMmy treat card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge!!! 
Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Such wonderful textures on this card....love the acetate applications.

    Thanks for playing at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM is right!! This is just awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks YUMMY to me! Great job!


    Thanks for participating at FCCB!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing!! I love the look of the acetate as the glass. Wow. Great job! Thanks for joining us at FCCB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! You did an awesome job! TFS!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks absolutely delicious!! Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about your photography because as soon as I saw it, I thought, "Oh wow!" Looks fantastic to me! I love all the details and accents you've added. Great card!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's just awesome! I love all of you details and time you took to make it just right. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was attracted here when I went to FC and I saw your card. what an awesome job. Congrats on it. Beautiful card and lots of details.

    ReplyDelete