Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Les On The Ball - Happy Retirement

Hi Everyone,
  This is a quick card I put together for a person that is retiring from the research department where I work.  He has been working there for many years and is a wonderful person.  I will truly miss his silly antics and he always is armed with a joke.  So I wanted to make him something personal since our lab is throwing him a going away party.  This stamp is from Pollycraft - and the real name of the stamp is Maurice on the Ball - he was a freebie a while back and he holds a banner that says - Football.  I decided to sumbitt him to the Pollycraft Challenge this week which was to add a bit of nature - which is the blue hemp twine. 

However, I cut that out and colored and wrote in Les on the ball.  I also found a clipart beach ball and put him on top.  Once I had colored Les with my Copics I decided to paper piece his shoes so he really looked like he was standing on the ball.  I used my blue Bazzil paper for a base and then layered my DCWV school stack polka-dot.  I added a bit of hemp twine and twisted them around two brads adding a charm that says "rule yourself" - which I think retirement is a time when your time is your own - LOL.  So it seemed fitting.  The sentiment made itself - once I saw the name of the stamp I decided that Les on the Ball was perfect! 

Lastly, I added some glossy accents to the ball and glasses.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful retirement card!!! Bet he really likes it!! The glossy accents on the glasses and ball is perfect. Gives them that light reflective shine!! Awesome card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great retirement card. I'm sure Les will love it. Wonderful thought went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great retirement card, especially for someone always up to something! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card you've made!
    Love how you've used Maurice!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun card Melissa. Love little Les lol! & the glossy accents on the ball are a clever idea.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and personal retirement card, Melissa! I'm certain Les will be touched. xxD

    ReplyDelete