Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Doughnut Feel Like Fall? - Tiddly Inks Challenge

Hi ya everyone!
  This week at Tiddly Inks we are creating Fall Spinner Cards!  Ok, had heard of them but never saw one in action until Christy shared this video/tutorial with us: http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/05/bettys-alien-spinner-card-tutorial.html
I couldn't wait to try this myself but had to find the perfect Tiddly Ink image for a card like this!  Well, let's be honest - all the Tiddly Ink Images are perfect for any card! LOL - but I settled on Donut Ya Know - Lilly Bean I thought it would be fun to see her spin around on that big doughnut.  I colored her with my Copics and then stickled the doughnut and cut her out with my Circle Nestables.  I set her aside to dry.

The problem however, was how could I turn this into a fall card.  So, I recruited hubby's help - he's clever with the puns doughnut you know? LOL  Anyhow, enough silly stuff and on to the card.

  I followed the tutorial but decided to make my card a 5x7.  So I just adjusted the dimensions but keeping the slot that the pennies go in at a 1/2 inch.  I used some Stampin' Up paper for the spinner contraption part, but had this beautiful pumpkin paper I thought would be fun.  I computer generated the sentiment.  In the end I decided to make a raffia bow with a button.  It still needed a little something so I added a strip of green bling to match Lilly Beans shirt!  Oh my gosh - now to watch it spin - my daughter LOVED this card - so I snuck it in her lunch with a little note!


Thanks for checking out my spinner card.  Head on over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog and join in on the fun!
Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute and funny. I have not yet done a spinner, but I will go check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Melissa! This image is perfect for a spinnercard and I love the image. Love the bow you made, very sweet!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love the pun, and the spinner is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! I haven't tried a spinner card. Your's is just awesome. Love Lily Beans and her doughnut. The sentiment is just tooo funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love your card Melissa. Your image is colored beautifully and I love the pun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable and I love the heading. How did you make that card spin?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!!! Your image is colored beautifully!!! Perfect spinner card.

    XX

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. It do indeed feel like fallllll....LOL
    LOVE the colors you chose and it is all around (get it....round like a doughnut LOL) just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! You picked the perfect image for the challenge! I love this! (will probably scraplift in in some form or another.) LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Melissa! Making the doughnut the spinner was such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete