Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Gift For You - Crafty Creations Challenge

Hi Ya Everyone!!
  Well the season of giving is upon us - and I have to be honest - I love to give gift cards...I know, I know, so impersonal right??  I can't help it - I love them myself too - I really don't want grandma buying my clothes ya know what I'm saying??  I'd rather just go pick out something myself or no clothes at all and a gift certificate to my favorite craft store - you know what I'm saying! LOL - no seriously my good friend Jill has someone very sweet in her life (I won't mention names just in case - he he)  But from this certain very sweet thoughtful person she gets kitty cat shirts and fairy shirts with bows and butterflies.  I mean it was just dandy when Jill was 5 - ok, lost my train of thought - GIFT CARDS - LOVE THEM, LOVE TO GET THEM, LOVE TO GIVE THEM!  Now, to make them not so impersonal how about wrapping them with something special???  YAY!  The challenge this week at Crafty Creations is to make a gift card holder!  Now, since I love to give gift cards, I made three!! WOO HOO.  The Cricut cartridges have a number of different options for gift card holders.  I measured a gift card which is about 2.5 x 3.5 inches and resized the holder on my Gypsy to fit the gift card.  I added a few cut-outs to the front and cut on my expressions.  Very easy little project and makes the gift more personal and special - Now remember friends and family members - NO FLOOFY, FLUFFY, Bunny shirts this year!!! *smile*  If you get a chance make one and link it up to the Crafty Creations Challenge blog - Simon Says Stamps is sponsoring and you could win a $20 gift certificate!
Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I love your gift card holders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I've been busy too and haven't got around as much as I would normally. Like you, I don't expect things to settle down until Christmas -- if I last that long!!! LOL!

    I hope the baby is feeling much better now, and that things calm down for you a bit!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I am with ya on the gift cards!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa this is perfect!!! Gift cards rock because more than likely you will be going back to a store for a return without a receipt from the gift you got so you wind up with yep a gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Melissa, three lovely gift card holders.
    hugs
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - 3 GCH Melissa - you enjoyed this challenge too!! So handy that the cricut can help a little with them - they all look fab - that's another lil job off the christmas list then!! bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just so cute! Mom and Dad always get gift cards. What do you buy someone that really doesn't need anything. Gift card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to add a personal touch to the gift cards!! Cute idea!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So with you on the gift certificates! Boy you got serious with the challenge and made quite a few! Love them Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great set of gift card holders - really fab and I am sure they will be apreciated! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful set of gift card holders Melissa! I love giving and getting them too!
    smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome job on these melissa. i too prefer getting and giving them. :)

    ReplyDelete