Friday, December 3, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes - Paper Cutz Challenge

Hi ya everyone,
  This week at Paper Cutz Mary has asked everyone to create a Christmas card with two patterned papers.  I chose two (the polka-dot and snowflake) from my Doodlecharms stack.   Anyhow, I used the sketch over at Card Patterns this week too! 

I colored this cutey cute snowman from Tiddly Inks called Something Warm (he's only $1!!!!) with my Copics.  He's adorable with his little cup of cocoa.  I decided to use the polka-dot paper as inspiration and on the snowman and around my new nestable I just touched down with my Copic to make little frosty dots all over to match. 

For the upper piece of paper I ran a white piece of card stock through my Xyron and then used some fake snowy stuff that I purchased at my local scrap store to cover the entire thing.  I then ran it through my embosser with no folder just to help adhere the snow a bit better.  Lastly, I added a few snowflake brads I had in my stash and a gray ribbon!  I then adhered the nestable cut onto the top! 

Thanks everyone for taking a look - head on over to Paper Cutz and enter the challenge.  Also, don't forget to hit up Tiddly Inks for some ever so cute digitals!
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. What a cute snoman card! Is that a Shapeablility? and I just love your previous card with that adorable penguin!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo cute....and what a great sketch! Your snowman is adorable as well~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Melissa! I love the "snow" affect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my melissa is that the cutest lil snowman :) such a sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snowman is adorable. You've colored it perfectly. Love the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa this is a gorgeous card. It amazes me that you keep making one beautiful card after the other. You just don't have a bad day do you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa this is super cute. Love all the sparkle and shine. Your coloring of the snowman is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Melissa. Such a cute image and I love the papers and those snowflake brads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love your card! Your snowman is just adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete