Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Minus a Day - Tiddly Inks Challenge

 Hi ya everyone!  This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog we are challenging you to use your favorite quote or phrase on your project.  Now, if you are like me and think that there are too many quotes to call just one your favorite that's ok.  Just pick one and go with it - let it inspire your card.  Tiddly Inks has so many cute and new digis right here.  If none of those tickle your fancy then check out the whole shop right here.  If money is tight and you need a freebie check that out here!  Also, now is the time to buy some of these cutey cute stamps because Christy is having a SALE!!!
Look, so many wonderful options for cute Tiddly stamps.  Remember to qualify for prizes and badges you have to use a Tiddly Ink stamp.
Ok, on to my card!  I used this cute little stamp called purrfect.
 Oh my gosh, isn't the look in both of their eyes just adorable.  You know that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you find the sweetest little animal and you just don't want to let it go - almost like your souls are communicating.  Well Christy captured that in this image and I've been waiting for the "purrfect" challenge to use it on - the quote is from Winnie The Pooh and I just love it: "If you live to be 100 years I want to live to be 100 minus one so I never have to live without you." 
Now you tell me if that sentiment isn't just perfect for this sweet image!  I used a number of papers from My Minds Eye for this card.  I also used other Tiddly Ink stamps: flutterflies and Love Me Sweet.  I printed Love Me Sweet and sentiment on the first sheet (turquoise) for the background.  I colored the little girl and kitty with my Copics and cut the purrfect stamp out with my nestables.
 I then cut the flutterflies in plaid, colored their bodies with my Copics and popped just the wings off the paper.  Finally, I added a bit of Stardust Stickles to small portions of the card for an extra bit of pop!  Head over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog and join our challenge - "Quote Me"

13 comments:

  1. Melissa, what an adorable card! Cute stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww she is super cute hun, i love your quote, poohbear is my fav ever bear, i have more poohbear memorabelia than i can keep on shelves! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, I love this!!! :) All the cute images you put together. :) And that is one of my favorite Pooh sayings too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE the patterns of papers paired with all of those Tiddly images!!! This card is so different and adorable!!! I love it! And of course, the quote is very sweet :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond adorable Melissa!! So sweet, loving and caring. I LOVE the 3-D of the Flutterflies wings!! SO fabulous!! I love the mix of patterns and of course the colors!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the sweetest!! The stamp is sooo cute...and that Pooh quote has always been a favorite of mine. Just love the two together! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just too cute! Look at the butterfly and I just love that sentiment. So adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous design and mix of patterns/papers. Love your adorable image and great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOhhh Melissa! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Your combo of stamps and how you did the background is fantastic! the quote is a fave of mine and of course, the sweet purrfect stamp melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw... this is super duper adorable, Melissa! love your mix of stamps, colors, and the quote is wonderful too! You ROCK, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable. The image is so cute and your coloring is amazing. I love the quote and those paper-pieced flutterflies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card was soooo cute! I can see doing a copy on this! Thanks for the great idles!

    ReplyDelete