Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby Blues - Crafty Creations Challenge

Hi ya everyone!!
  This week at Crafty Creations we are challenging you to create a baby card using baby blue!  After seeing this adorable Mo Manning stamp in Card Maker magazine I just have to have it - it's called Sumpin's Wrong and can be found HERE.  I was so excited for this challenge because I would get to use it!!! I love it.  I colored the image with my Copics and used the same for the dots along the outside.
I cut the image out with my new set of nestables and also used some paper from the ever so sweet Whimsical Stack from DCWV.  I used the peach for a background to my image and placed it on some sweet baby blue paper.  I used my MS heart punch and did a small row and the corner.  I had a little glitch because of the width of my blue background piece but simply covered it with some white crinkle ribbon and then added this bow with button.
To finish, I used my Congrats! clear stamp on the bottom and added these silvery pearls that matched the overall hues of the papers.  I'm also entering this into the Mo Manning Challenge blog!!! This week is "OH BABY" week - how perfect is that!!! I always love when I can enter their challenges.  You must check out the design team creations they are super fabulous!!
Hugs

17 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you just the creative one ... I never would have thought about making dots over the entire background, instead of just around the image. It really looks like a DP background that you have cut your image out and mounted on to. And I can see why you wanted the image ... he's stinkin' cute and you did a great job on colouring him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa that image is super cute and I love how you have coloured him. That homemade PP is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, when I saw this card, I just had to chuckle. It is so cute. You are so creative. Your talent shines through everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, that baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet sweet card Melissa. This is one of my favorite MM images.
    hugs
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute is that? ADORABLE and oh so sweet. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cute card! Love the ribbon flower! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay thank goodness I only have one of your creations to comment on! Again love it! That little guy is so adorable... love that background paper and how you make it work! Thanks for the comment... totally used a template for the flower but at least I did use a needle! LOL
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissa...how absolutely adorable, girlfriend!! I have this little Mo Manning sweetie too...haven't used him yet...but now I need to because this is so dang cute!!! Your coloring is awesome...and the polka dots behind the image are really a cute idea!! Love the ribbon and button embellies! This card just makes me smile all over my face! I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet. You colored it to perfection.. Really nice job.. Thanks for joining us at MO's this week..

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil Too Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Melissa. That image is so cute and your coloring is gorgeous. The papers and layout are perfect. I really like the copic background ... I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Melissa! The use of the polka dot paper for the main image is fab! Love his little expression. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, how adorable!!! Cute card, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a darling image! Mo is good and you showcased this tiny toddler so beautifuly Melissa. The coloring...wow!

    P.S. I still wear my pyjamas like that...he, he, he!

    :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet card! I love this image. Your coloring is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Melissa! this is as precious as can be! xxD

    ReplyDelete