Monday, April 4, 2011

Japan Fundraiser - Thinking of You

Hi ya everyone!
  I have a special post today.  The Whimsy stamp shop has gotten together with some awesome designers to create a group of stamps in which all proceeds go to The American Red Cross relief fund for those affected by the devastating events in Japan.  Here is this adorable release - ONLY $9 and your receive each image from artists such as Kenny K, Meljen's Designs, Raindrop Echo Designs and Chrissy Armstrong.


I used the ever so adorable Kimono Bear from Meljen's Designs for my card today!  All of Meljen's stamps can be purchased HERE at Whimsy Stamps.  I HAD so much fun coloring this little bear with my Copics.
I used a number of Basic Grey papers from the Urban Couture stack.  I used a chocolate brown to layer everything on.
I used a square nestability turned to a diamond shape for the bear.  I also cut felt using my nestabilites and sewed a little button in the middle and added some pearls.  The sentiment was from a small set of clear polymer stamps.  I inked the edges in Tim Holtz Antique Linen.
Please head over to Whimsy Stamps and purchase this adorable set and donate to relief efforts in Japan.  There is so much to do there and I often hear people say I wish I could help.  Here is a perfect opportunity - I'm headed there now to purchase my set!
Hugs

6 comments:

  1. As usual, simply wonderful. Take a bow girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melissa, what a wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The papers you used are perfect and I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card. Love the little bears face and Kimona! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Love the image and the perfect paper you used. Adorable! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girl holding the bunny is just darling! Love the soft colors...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete