Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Holly Day Gwen - Some Odd Girl Sneaky Peek and NEW Odd Girl!

 Hi ya everyone!!!
  If you are looking for my Creative Critterz Imaginations post please scroll down - you won't want to miss the celebration!!!  OH MY GOSH - did you hear there is a NEW GIRL on the block?? Yup Some Odd Girl has released a brand new character - Gwen!  Isn't she just the cutest ever?  This is a clear release stamp and well I just couldn't resist using her in two different ways.  Can you guess what kind of cards I made? LOL
Here is the first for Halloween.  I got a great new set of sentiments from My Craft Spot along with some fabulous bakers twine that I couldn't wait to use and when I saw this sentiment I immediately thought of this stamp from Some Odd Girl!  The paper is all double sided K&Co. Paper and I LOVE it!  Here is the finished inside.  With a sentiment also from My Craft Spot.
Now, since this is Holly Day Gwen I had to do a Christmas card and use the extras that come with the stamp when you buy them from Some Odd Girl.
See the holly jolly sentiment and that stamped holly next to it?  Those all come with the Holly Day Gwen set.  Don't forget if you preorder this week you get a dollar off the price!!!  Make sure to check out all the inspiring work the design team did on the Some Odd Girl challenge blog!
I'm also entering this into the iCopic Lover challenge - High Contrast - as the colors on her dress are quit contrasting from the lightest shade of red to the darkest!

12 comments:

  1. So Much Fun! I love how you did two seasons with the same odd girl! Don't you just love Kimberly's stamps too?!? They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, these are so gorgeous! I love them, I ordered them, I can't wait to play with them! I love that you did both Halloween and Christmas. Absolutely fabulous cards!!
    hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect! I love that you used this stamp 2 ways! And I have that paper from the Christmas one; thanks for showing me a way to use it so it doesn't overpower a card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Melissa, these are precious!!! And I just love how she stands out, especially on the card with the musical paper behind her!!! Sooooo adorable are both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so cool Melissa! Great idea to color her like a candy corn for Halloween, so cute and fun! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my GOOMIE. girlfriend, you are just brilliant. i love your style, and i love that you're always thinking outside the box! the halloween card is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are stunning Melissa! I loved how you transcended two seasons with this one cutey! Amazing job on your coloring, especially loving the hair on both of them! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at icopic : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are just adorable. I love that you can use the same stamp for more than one holiday. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, same image but oh so different. What a difference colors makes
    Hugs
    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa!! I wanted to let you know that your cart is the winner at icopic this week!! Congrats! If you swing by this post you will find the info on how to claim your prize:
    http://blog.icopic.com/2011/09/weekly-challenge-47-winner.html
    Again, congrats and thanks for playing along in our challenges!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete